This is a fantastic opportunity to join a young, dynamic, vibrant company based on the campus of Sussex University at the Sussex Innovation Centre. The Centre is a hub for creative activity in a modern, friendly and sociable environment. You will be an integral part of the team and its growth moving forward.
The main purpose of this role is to:
Work alongside the creative and production directors, in a capacity that will involve the development and impletmentation of PHP based websites.
The role responsibilities include:
• Taking designs from the creative directors and developing them into fully functional websites
• Collaborating with the production director on code implementation
• Collaborating with the SEO department on code optimisation
• Assessing and setting realistic timelines for development
There is plenty of room for growth in the role, which is a unique opportunity to work with a creative company at an exciting point in its journey.
• Preferably at least 3 years’ experience in website development
• At least 3 years experience using PHP preferably in an OOP/MVC style structure
• Understanding new web concepts such as HTML 5, CSS 3
• Solid grasp of database systems such as MySQL
• Be able to work at the forefront of a high-pressured and quickly evolving environment
• Proficient on Mac OSX
• Being able to achieve goals and hit internal targets
Bonus but not essential
• Experience of using CodeIgniter for website development
• Understanding of on-site SEO concepts and considerations
• Technical understanding of Apache web server
• Experience working on high traffic websites
The Person We are a friendly, fun but driven team and are looking for someone who will fit in. We welcome and encourage input into the growth of the company and love people who think outside the box. Ideally you will be passionate about the Internet, modern technology, social media. However, possessing a passion for web development is paramount to the role. We’re looking for someone who is headstrong and is not afraid to voice their opinion and do what is necessary to keep on top of things.
Email CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
Or call Kirk on: 01273 704489
PLEASE NO AGENCIES